To turn a good shooter into a great shooter a player must master the arc of the shot. Experienced researchers at Noah Basketball have been conducting studies for more than a decade to find the perfect angle and depth (into the rim) a shot should travel to score the most baskets. The company measured well over 10,000 shooters of all different ages and skill levels. Their conclusion is that the optimal arc is 45 degrees.
NOT JUST ARC ALONE -DISTANCE TOO
Many players simply do not shoot the ball deep enough into the basket. The research clearly finds that players that shoot the ball deeper into the basket make more shots. High arc shooters generally are short when they miss while line drive shooters tend to be too long on their shots.
CONSISTENCY IS THE FINAL KEY
An inconsistent shooter is never going to be a great shooter. NOAH technology along with our professional trainers will help teach muscle memory and why a consistent release point is key to great shooting.
NOAH TRAINING SESSIONS:
– Will teach proper shooting form and alignment to shoot the ball straight
– Help players understand the value of shot distance and why it impacts success
– teach players about the shot arc and its impact on distance control
– Teach Muscle memory and why a consistent release point is key to great shooting
– Players will receive individual shot assessments and NOAH arc plots
– Include corrective shooting sessions with NOAH Voice (instant verbal feedback)
– Provide instant video replay, to review shot mechanics
– Noah shooting sessions available on an IPHONE APP